Wednesday, June 1, 2011

First Post + Banger Wednesdays

Hey blogosphere, I figure I'd start off my blog with a bang.. or a banger for that matter but let's settle the awkward introduction first.

I have been working on my DJing "craft" since December of 2010, mostly playing only to myself and the occasional viewers on Ustream. My current set up is a 13 inch early 2008 Macbook hooked up to a Traktor Kontrol S4.

I just want to see how far I can take this DJing thing as listening to music can only entertain a gadget geek so much. The blog? I don't really have a plan at the moment. I definitely do want to have a few pre-defined routines that will provide some content on a consistent basis at least. You can definitely expect to see a few mini-mixes and mixes in the upcoming weeks but for now, I'll just introduce you to this gem.

Recently, Spinning Records released the remixes of the song "Pressure" by Nadia Ali, Starkillers & Alex Kenji. Thankfully, the Alesso remix of this tune delivers on the banger front and maintains a high level of energy off the get go. Although people can claim this sounds like a typical progressive house anthem, the gater effect used in the chorus makes the song for me. It adds that extra bit of energy to make it stand out from the rest of the tunes in the rapidly increasing pile of 4 to the floor tunes

Reading about a song is so meaningless... just listen to the link below! Overall it gets an 8/10. Until next time, keep fist pumpin'



No comments:

Post a Comment